Another 99 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed on board the Diamond Princess, taking the total on the quarantined cruise ship to 454.
The dozens of new cases were confirmed today after another batch of 504 tests, Japanese media said.
Of the 99 new patients, 70 had not shown any symptoms of the virus.
Hundreds more passengers are still in the dark over how and when they will leave the cruise ship, just two days before the quarantine is due to end.
Passengers have been confined to their cabins in a two-week lockdown in Yokohama which is scheduled to end on Wednesday, February 19.
The ship was quarantined by Japanese authorities with 3,711 people on board after a Hong Kong passenger who left the ship last month tested positive for the virus.
A total of 1,723 of those people have now been tested, of whom 454 have been found to have the virus.
The US evacuated hundreds of its citizens on a charter flight early this morning, with Canada, Australia and others poised to follow suit.
But British passengers are among hundreds still in limbo with the Foreign Office ‘urgently considering its options’ today.
Princess Cruises says it is being ‘led by Japanese authorities’ and the ship’s crew are waiting to hear from foreign embassies amid growing frustration from passengers.
More to follow.