Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com.

Pope Francis canceled his official audiences Friday after apparently coming down with a cold.

The Vatican said the 83-year-old pontiff celebrated morning Mass as usual and greeted participants at the end. He planned to keep his private meeting schedule as planned, but decided to cancel the official audiences, the Vatican said.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON CORONAVIRUS

The Vatican hasn’t said what exactly Francis has come down with, but he was coughing and blowing his nose during Ash Wednesday Mass this week.

In this picture taken Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, Pope Francis wipes his nose during the Ash Wednesday Mass opening Lent, the forty-day period of abstinence and deprivation for Christians before Holy Week and Easter, inside the Basilica of Santa Sabina in Rome. 
(AP)

On Thursday, he canceled a planned trip across town to celebrate Mass with Rome priests.

POPE CELEBRATES ASH WEDNESDAY AT VATICAN AS MASSES IN ITALY CANCELED OVER CORONAVIRUS FEARS

His illness comes amid an outbreak of the coronavirus in Italy that has sickened more than 650 people, almost all of them in the north. Rome had three cases, but all three recovered.

FDA ANNOUNCES CORONAVIRUS-RELATED DRUG SHORTAGE IN US

The Argentine pope has generally enjoyed good health. He lost part of one lung as a young man because of a respiratory illness, and suffers from sciatica, which makes walking difficult.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

La Liga players test positive with five new cases confirmed

Five players in Spain’s top two divisions have tested positive for Covid-19 since clubs began testing players and staff members last week, with the Real Sociedad goalkeeper Álex Remiro confirming himself as one of the cases. A statement from La…

UK tour by Mark Kozelek cancelled following sexual assault allegations

A forthcoming UK tour by Sun Kil Moon, fronted by US indie-rock musician Mark Kozelek who is also known for the group Red House Painters and a solo career, has been cancelled following accusations of sexual assault made against him…

Australia concerned over ‘grossly disturbing’ strip searches of female passengers at Qatar airport

Qatar faced widespread criticism and a potential Australian inquiry on Monday after several women said they had been strip-searched at a Doha airport earlier this month, following the discovery of an abandoned newborn infant in a terminal bathroom. On Sunday,…

VOA purge continues as foreign journalists’ visas not renewed

Foreign journalists working for Voice of America will not have their visas renewed by its new management and face repatriation to countries where some could face reprisals, in a move described by a former news executive from the organisation as…