1. Leon Draisaitl, Oilers
Draisaitl recorded a four-goal, five-point night during a 8-3 win over the Predators. A back-and-forth game through two periods opened up in the third when the Oilers scored four times en route to the win. The Oilers forward put home three of his four goals in the final period and now has 43 on the season. You can read more about Draisaitl’s amazing two-year run here.
— NHL (@NHL) March 3, 2020
2. Connor McDavid, Oilers
While Draisaitl scored four times, it was his linemate McDavid who handed out four assists while also scoring his 32nd of the season. The Edmonton duo now have a combined 75 goals and 201 points this season.
3. Michael Hutchinson, Avalanche
It was a winning birthday for the goaltender as he debuted with the Avs. Hutchinson made 17 saves during a 2-1 win over the Red Wings. Vladislav Namestnikov scored his first goal with his new team and Nathan MacKinnon registered his 300th assist on Logan O’Connor’s winner.
• Gabriel Landeskog took one for the team as he helped set up O’Connor’s goal:
• The Avalanche have now won seven in a row and a franchise record ninth straight game away from Pepsi Center.
• Roman Josi scored his career high 16th goal of the season in the Nashville loss.
• Pekka Rinne was pulled after allowing a career-worst eight goals against the Oilers.
• Draisaitl now has consecutive 40-goal seasons with Edmonton and joins an elite group:
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) March 3, 2020
Fastest 5 goals: #Oilers history
3:35 on Apr. 27, 2013 vs Canucks
4:22 on Feb 19, 1985 vs Maple Leafs
5:10 also on Feb 1985 vs Maple Leafs
5:13 tonight vs Predators
— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) March 3, 2020