MOSCOW, RUSSIA – MAY 9, 2019: Honour guard marches during a Victory Day military parade marking the 74th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany in the 1941-1945 Great Patriotic War, the Eastern Front of World War II, in Moscow’s Red Square. Mikhail Metzel/TASS Ðîññèÿ. Ìîñêâà. Âîåííîñëóæàùèé ïî÷åòíîãî êàðàóëà 154-ãî îòäåëüíîãî êîìåíäàíòñêîãî Ïðåîáðàæåíñêîãî ïîëêà íà Êðàñíîé ïëîùàäè âî âðåìÿ âîåííîãî ïàðàäà, ïîñâÿùåííîãî 74-é ãîäîâùèíå Ïîáåäû â Âåëèêîé Îòå÷åñòâåííîé âîéíå. Ìèõàèë Ìåòöåëü/ÒÀÑÑ

MOSCOW, March 25. /TASS/. The possibility of canceling the military parade in Moscow on May 9 to mark 75 years of the Soviet Union’s Victory over Nazi Germany in the 1941-1945 Great Patriotic War is under discussion but no decision has been made yet, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Wednesday.

“The issue [of cancelling the parade] is, undoubtedly, being discussed but no decisions have been made yet and the preparations continue,” Peskov said.

As the Kremlin spokesman said, the issue of the military parade and its format “still has to be resolved considering how the epidemiological situation will develop.”

Responding to a question about whether the Victory Day Parade might be held without spectators, Peskov noted that “the situation compels us to be flexible” and that is why there should be no talk at present about a possible option.

“It is necessary to do everything in a way to give tribute to the memory of the heroism of our people and our great country, on the one hand, and not to endanger the health of people, on the other hand,” the Kremlin spokesman said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Putin says about 900 constitutional amendments proposals received

MOSCOW, February 26. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin stated that the working group on amendments to the Russian constitution had received about 900 proposals. “According to the information in my possession, about 900 proposals have been received so far, all…

Trump to propose sweeping cuts to foreign aid, safety net programs in latest budget

Original source: NBC News WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump will propose on Monday a 21 percent cut in foreign aid and slashing social safety net programs in his $4.8 trillion budget proposal for fiscal 2021, according to senior administration officials.…

Postmasters ‘rejoice’ as convictions appeal granted

Dozens of former sub-postmasters and postmistresses will have convictions of fraud, theft and false accounting sent to the Court of Appeal. They had been accused of stealing money after the Post Office installed a new computer system, with some imprisoned.…

Tory MP appears to edit his own Wikipedia page to remove EU mention

A new Tory MP appears to have edited his own Wikipedia page to remove references to funding that one of his companies received from the EU and information about illegal dividends that he was paid. Stuart Anderson, who became the…