Huawei Technologies Co expressed disappointment over a Canadian court’s ruling over its chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou, and the company said it will continue to stand with Meng in her pursuit of justice and freedom.

The company released a statement saying “Huawei is disappointed in the ruling today by the Supreme Court of British Columbia. We have repeatedly expressed confidence in Meng’s innocence.”

The comments came after the court ruled on Wednesday the extradition case against Meng can proceed.

Huawei said, “We expect Canada’s judicial system will ultimately prove Meng’s innocence. Meng’s lawyers will continue to work tirelessly to see justice is served.”

Meng is currently detained in Canada following a request by the US. She was arrested at Vancouver International Airport by Canadian authorities at the request of the US on Dec 1, 2018, and has been held under house arrest since then.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

The coronavirus is crushing the world’s most prolific film industry

New Delhi (CNN Business)This is supposed to be a busy time of year for Bollywood. School exams are over and Hollywood’s summer blockbusters are typically still a couple of months away, making it the perfect time to release India’s big…

Norwegian Air shareholders agree to rescue deal

COPENHAGEN, Denmark — A majority of shareholders in low-cost carrier Norwegian Air Shuttle approved Monday a plan to rescue the company by swapping their equity for debt, in a move required to get state loan guarantees. Chairman Niels Smedegaard called…

Factbox: From Boeing to Tennessee whiskey, coronavirus bailout requests top $1 trillion

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – As the coronavirus outbreak threatens to bring U.S. economic activity to a grinding halt, American businesses are jockeying for a financial lifeline from the administration of President Donald Trump. The below have asked Washington, D.C., or state…

Trump invokes Defense Production Act to stop export of masks

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday signed an order directing his administration to stop N-95 face masks and other personal protective equipment needed in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic from being exported to other countries. In…