Police have ended an investigation into an attack on Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward’s house.
A group of fans, wearing balaclavas, launched flares at Woodward’s house back in January.
Nobody was home at the time and no injuries were reported during the protest at the running of the club.
Sharing the full story, not just the headlines
The Red Devils swiftly announced those found guilty would receive lifetime bans from Old Trafford.
A spokesperson at the time said: ‘We know that the football world will unite behind us as we work with police to identify the perpetrators of this unwarranted attack.’
And now Cheshire Police have confirmed no more action will be taken unless new information emerges.
A spokesperson for Cheshire Police said: “At around 10.45pm on Tuesday 28 January, Cheshire Constabulary was notified of an incident of criminal damage that had taken place earlier that evening at a property in the Nether Peover area.
“Following an investigation, which involved a number of enquiries, no further action is being taken and the victim has been kept fully updated.
“However, we will always act on any new information that comes to light and anyone who can assist police with their enquiries is urged to call 101.”