Conte is thought to have invested more than $35 million with Kidman Asset Management, a company allegedly run by former HSBC managing director Massimo Bochicchio, after being appointed by Chelsea chief Roman Abramovich in 2016.

The 51-year-old Europa League finalist with Inter is said to have taken legal action against Bochicchio and the company after failing to receive promised returns on hefty investments, resulting in $61.4 million of assets belonging to the banker being frozen, according to The Times.

Properties in Miami and Italy, cash in accounts with Credit Suisse and HSBC and the flat in west London where Conte used to live are among the assets involved.

Conte’s brother, Gianluca, is said to have occupied the flat since the former Italy midfielder left for Milan.

Judge David Foxton granted the freezing order after ruling last month that Bochicchio had breached the terms of eight settlement deeds agreed with the eight investors in May.

The court heard that investors had been told their money was guaranteed by HSBC, with Conte showing the judge a fake document purporting to be from the bank.

The claimants said that Bochicchio had failed to provide statements, books and records from the management company, as well as documents clarifying the role of any third parties in the investments and the products the money went towards, according to the lawsuit.

They alleged that no documents identifying the bank accounts where their cash was held had been produced.

Bochicchio could now face a fail term, fine or asset seizures, and is also the subject of a complaint by an Austrian philanthropist over the alleged disappearance of a $3.7 million sum paid into a UK branch of Credit Suisse.

Leona Koenig, the founder of a charity for musically gifted children, has applied to the High Court for information about the account, which she is said to have believed would yield high return investments.

Chelsea were rumored to have handed Conte the most lucrative contract of any manager in the club’s history in 2017 after he was offered a salary of more than $16 million a year by Inter, who he eventually joined a year later.

Club accounts showed that Conte’s sacking in 2018, after he guided his side to FA Cup glory but failed to qualify for the Champions League, cost a total of around $35 million.

Neither Bochicchio nor Kidman were available for comment, The Times said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Sabres acquire Eric Staal from Wild for Marcus Johansson

Bill Guerin continued to reshape the Wild by trading Eric Staal to the Sabres for Marcus Johansson on Wednesday. The Wild GM has been busy reshaping his roster and he now adds a veteran center. The move also reunites Staal…

LSU confirms promotion of Tiger great Kevin Faulk as RBs coach

An LSU football legend officially has an on-field role at his alma mater. Earlier this week, it was reported that Kevin Faulk would be promoted from his current position as LSU football director of player development.  Thursday, the Tigers confirmed…

Barcelona beats Athletic 1-0 to move back in front of Madrid

MADRID — Ivan Rakitic scored a second-half winner as Barcelona defeated Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Tuesday to get back in front of Real Madrid in the Spanish league. Rakitic broke the deadlock in the 71st minute to move Barcelona three points…

Desperate for numbers: Europa League side suffers 16 CORONAVIRUS CASES after lab fiasco provides FALSE result to opposition player

Unsuspecting former Bulgaria youth international Martin Kavdanski thought he had tested negative for COVID-19 when he was given the all-clear to represent Tsarskoe Selo on Thursday. He played 90 minutes as his side lost 4-1 at home to Cherno More in the First…