‘No one really likes Joe Biden,’ including the media, who ‘just hate Donald Trump,’ Trump 2020 Campaign National Press Secretary Hogan Gidley tells ‘America’s Newsroom.’

EXCLUSIVEThe Trump campaign’s national press secretary had his Twitter account suspended Thursday after he tweeted about his experience of being sent absentee ballot materials intended for someone else.

National press secretary Hogan Gidley tweeted about receiving an envelope in the mail that was addressed to someone else, by the name of “Daniel.”

“Got ‘my’…uh wait…no…”Daniel’s” ballot in the mail?!? Who is that? Apparently it’s a former tenant who hasn’t lived in the unit for 8 YEARS!!! But yeah, sure…the mainstream media is correct…unsolicited vote-by-mail is ‘totally safe.’”

TWITTER, FACEBOOK HAVE CENSORED TRUMP 65 TIMES COMPARED TO ZERO FOR BIDEN, STUDY SAYS 

He attached a screenshot of an envelope postmarked from the D.C. Board of Elections and marked “Your Official Ballot.” Separately it was marked “Official absentee balloting material — first-class mail.”

A picture of the mailing Gidley uploaded.

Gidley was temporarily suspended by Twitter for violating the social media platform’s rules — specifically those about “violating our rules against posting misleading information about voting.”

“You may not post content providing false information about voting or registering to vote,” it said.

“I, like many other Americans, received a ballot in the mail that was not meant for me, and that proves what the president has been saying is one hundred percent correct — that there are serious issues with the Democrats’ plan for universal, unsolicited mail in voting,” Gidley told Fox News. 

“Irrationally, inexplicably suspending my Twitter account simply for tweeting about the incorrect ballot is completely insane, and it won’t cover up the fact that Democrats changing the way we vote just weeks before an election is dangerous and fraught with the potential for massive fraud,” he said.

“This is just another attempt by Twitter to silence the Trump campaign, hours before the final presidential debate no less,” Andrew Clark, the Trump campaign’s Rapid Response Director, said.

SEN WICKER REQUESTS FACEBOOK, TWITTER DISCLOSE POLITICAL INTERACTIONS BEFORE BIG TECH HEARING 

The Trump campaign told Fox that Gidley has appealed the decision, and is not deleting the tweet in question. Fox News reached out to Twitter for comment and will update the story as needed.

Twitter has been cracking down on what it describes as false information about the alleged risks of mail-in voting. President Trump and his campaign have repeatedly flagged instances of alleged fraud, and Trump himself has tangled with the social media platform on the issue.

Twitter has slapped warning labels on a number of Trump tweets, including in August when he tweeted that mail drop boxes were a “voter security disaster.”

That tweet was judged to be against Twitter’s rules on “civic and election integrity.”

Despite Trump’s broadsides against mail-in voting, instances of voter fraud are exceedingly rare and voting by mail is a secure way to cast a ballot during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to election experts.

Last week, Twitter suspended the official account of the Trump campaign, saying Team Trump’s tweet calling Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden a “liar” and posting a video about Hunter Biden’s business dealings is a violation of its policies against sharing hacked materials.

Fox News’ Brian Flood contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Angela Rayner apologises for calling Tory MP ‘scum’ in Commons

The Labour deputy leader, Angela Rayner, has apologised for calling a Tory MP “scum” in the House of Commons after he criticised her party’s opposition to the government’s handling of the pandemic. In heated scenes in the chamber during a…

Quarantine rules lifted for Portugal travel

UK tourists will no longer need to quarantine after holidaying in Portugal, but travellers returning from Croatia will now have to self-isolate, the transport secretary has said. This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published…

Cuomo says Trump “better have an army” to walk down streets of NYC

Governor Andrew Cuomo is getting “New York Tough” on President Trump. The governor on Wednesday hit back at the president’s threat to cut federal funds for New York City, saying Mr. Trump “better have an army” if he wants to…

Care home residents ‘losing will to live’ amid Covid restrictions in England

Many English care home residents feel as if they are in prison amid seemingly endless coronavirus restrictions on their activities and visitors, with a number “losing the will to live”, a committee of MPs has been told by charities. One…