‘Unmitigated disaster’: Fury as UK suffers highest rate of excess deaths per million in the world during Covid-19 crisis

Data collected by the Financial Times shows that the UK has registered 59,537 more deaths than usual since the week ending March 20 – just before the start of the lockdown. It equates to 891 people per million killed directly or indirectly…

‘Playing Monopoly’: Lavrov blasts leaders who put selfish interests ahead of saving lives during pandemic

“The ongoing health crisis has exposed the incompetence and failure to adapt that powerful people in the West suffer from. Those people are stuck in the kind of thinking that simply does not work in the globalized world,” Sergey Lavrov…

Almost quarter of Russians believe coronavirus is fictional, according to new study

Conducted in May, the survey of 30,000 Russians found that 23.2% believe Covid-19 is a work of fiction, while 9.6% of respondents think the danger is being exaggerated. This suggests that when combined, almost a third (32.8%) of respondents do…

Venezuela hopes to have gold frozen by Britain returned in order to buy food and medical supplies amid Covid-19 pandemic

The news comes two weeks after the Central Bank of Venezuela launched legal action against the Bank of England, demanding the release of more than $1 billion in gold. The UK has refused to hand over Venezuela’s gold, as the…

Indian economy to contract sharply as pandemic cripples activity – S&P

The contraction forecast reverses the agency’s previous growth projection of 1.8 percent made in April. Moody’s rating agency forecasted a ‘zero’ growth rate for India in FY21. “We have lowered our growth forecast for fiscal year ending March 2021 to…

South Korea BRINGS BACK restrictions amid fears of coronavirus 2nd wave

Tighter restrictions were reinstated in South Korea’s capital, Seoul along with the adjacent city of Incheon and the Gyeonggi Province until June 14. During this time period, all night clubs, bars, museums, and some other public places will remain closed.…

South Korea BRINGS BACK restrictions amid fears of coronavirus 2nd wave

Tighter restrictions were reinstated in South Korea’s capital, Seoul along with the adjacent city of Incheon and the Gyeonggi Province until June 14. During this time period, all night clubs, bars, museums, and some other public places will remain closed.…

Yan’s the man: Dana White says Russian star Petr Yan will fight Jose Aldo for the vacant UFC bantamweight title (VIDEO)

Speaking to ESPN on Wednesday night, White revealed the UFC’s plans to move on swiftly following bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo’s retirement at UFC 249 earlier this month. “I’ll break this right here and right now – and my people are…

Nissan workers in Barcelona stage massive protest over factory closure plans

Media outlets reported that people lit candles during the protest while unions have said they plan to form a human chain around Nissan’s main Barcelona plant later on Thursday. Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida announced on Thursday the decision to close…

Nissan workers in Barcelona stage massive protest over factory closure plans

Media outlets reported that people lit candles during the protest while unions have said they plan to form a human chain around Nissan’s main Barcelona plant later on Thursday. Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida announced on Thursday the decision to close…